What Does Breast Implant Removal Surgery Involve?
Breast implant removal surgery takes place under general anaesthetic and lasts between 1 to 3 hours depending on what sort of additional procedures are required at the same time (e.g. inserting new implants or mastopexy surgery).
The old implants are removed via incisions made on the original scars. If new implants are required that are similar in size, then the existing pockets will suffice and replacement surgery can be quick.
If the new implants are different from the original implants, then surgery is more complex as the pockets will need to be altered (either enlarged or reduced) in order to accommodate the new implants.
Once the new implants are in place, Mr Sierakowski will suture the breasts along the existing scar lines to leaving minimal scarring. Alternatively, a mastopexy can be performed to lift saggy beasts.
Who is Breast Implant Removal Surgery Suitable For?
You may have breast implant removal surgery for any of the following reasons:
- You have decided that you no longer want to have breast implants
- You are unhappy with the size, shape or position of your implants
- Your implants have become hard to touch and misshapen (capsular contracture)
- Your implants are made by PIP and you want them removed
- You have developed symptoms of Breast Implant Illness and wish to have your implants removed
- You are having another procedure and want your implants updated at the same time
Are There Any Potential Risks From Breast Implant Removal Surgery?
There are always potential risks with plastic surgery, including both frequent and infrequent ones. These risks also apply to breast implant removal and replacement surgery.
- Wound healing problems
- Poor scarring
- Breast shape irregularities and asymmetry
- Complete or partial loss of your nipple (this is a rare but serious complication that can occur)
Breast Implant Removal Surgery In Essex
There are a number of locations across Essex where Mr Sierakowski will perform breast implant removal surgery, including Wellesley Hospital in Southend, Phoenix Hospital in Chelmsford and Springfield Hospital in Chelmsford. To find out more information about the procedure and book your consultation, get in touch with us, today.